Subject: Problems building cross compiler on NT
From: "Mack Lobell" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:25:29

Hi,

i'm trying to build a gcc 3.0.3 cross compiler on a NT machine. Target is 
powerpc, host is cygwin on a NT 4.0 workstation with SP6.

The build fails on the following lines:
gcc -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC    -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings 
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic 
-Wno-long-long  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I. -I../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc 
-I../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/. -I../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config 
-I../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/../include -c insn-extract.c
In file included from tm.h:11,
                 from ../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config/i386/xm-i386.h:39,
                 from config.h:4,
                 from insn-extract.c:4:
insn-flags.h:73: warning: carriage return in preprocessing directive
insn-flags.h:75: warning: carriage return in preprocessing directive
insn-flags.h:179: warning: carriage return in preprocessing directive
In file included from config.h:11,
                 from insn-extract.c:4:
insn-flags.h:73: warning: carriage return in preprocessing directive
insn-flags.h:75: warning: carriage return in preprocessing directive
insn-flags.h:179: warning: carriage return in preprocessing directive
gcc -c -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC    -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings 
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic 
-Wno-long-long  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE    -I. -I. 
-I../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc -I../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/. 
-I../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config -I../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/../include 
../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/genoutput.c
gcc -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC    -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings 
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic 
-Wno-long-long  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE  -o genoutput.exe \
genoutput.o rtl.o bitmap.o ggc-none.o gensupport.o hashtab.o safe-ctype.o 
print-rtl.o errors.o ` case "obstack.o" in ?*) echo obstack.o ;; esac ` ` 
case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in 
?*) echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  
;; esac ` -ladvapi32
./genoutput.exe ../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.md > 
tmp-output.c
../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.md:553: Wrong number of 
alternatives in the output template
../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.md:562: Wrong number of 
alternatives in the output template
../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.md:587: Wrong number of 
alternatives in the output template
../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.md:620: Wrong number of 
alternatives in the output template
../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.md:645: Wrong number of 
alternatives in the output template

********
* SNIP *
********

../../../gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.md:12335: Wrong number of 
alternatives in the output template
make[1]: *** [s-output] Error 33
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/guest/build/gcc/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

The build was configured with the following flags:
../../gcc-3.0.3/configure --with-included-gettext --enable-languages=c,c++ 
--enable-shared --enable-threads --target=powerpc-eabi --host=i686-pc-cygwin 
--build=i686-pc-cygwin --with-newlib

Any ideas?

Just holler if more info is needed!!

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/