Subject: rxvt win32 fixes
From: Christian LESTRADE <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:10:37 +0100

Hello,

I would like to submit two improvements to the Win32 port of rxvt 2.7.2:

1) In the file W11/w32/xlib.c, function XClearArea, the area cleared is
    one pixel too large (vertical and horizontal) -> some characters in
    the rxvt window loose pixels

2) Let rxvt handle the Backspace key the same way as in X11: pass the
    key as XK_BackSpace, so rxvt can recognize the current tty mode and
    so we can use the following rxvt escape sequences to choose the backspace
    char:
       To set BackSpace = ^H : echo -e '\033[?67h'
       To set BackSpace = ^? : echo -e '\033[?67l'

There are some little improvements to do, which belong to the main source code:
- Set erase key of a new terminal window to the current BackSpace value,
   when not started by another terminal window
- BackSpace and SHIFT BackSpace should send the same character

Note:
My patch restores the original BackSpace behaviour: by default, as described
in the rxvt documentation, BackSpace sends the DEL (^?) character
instead of (^H).

Regards,
Christian LESTRADE
mailto:[email-masked]
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/