Subject: Re: security.cc: bug report, question and suggestion
From: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
To: "Pierre A. Humblet" <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:41:26 +0100

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 01:22:29PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> OK, but can you give suggestions about how to debug processes 
> started under cygrunsrv? I tried to have cygrunsrv start a shell
> and put strace in the shell script. However the problem does not 
> occur with this setup, only when the program is started directly.
> Is there a way to produce Cygwin internal debug output without strace?

Have a look into `how-to-debug-cygwin.txt' in the cygwin source
directory.  You can use the CYGWIN_SLEEP technique, for instance.

> I saw that you put my diff in security.cc on cvs. As I wrote,
> it doesn't work [although it should :-( ], so it's currently
> wasting cycles.

Huh?  I didn't.  The only change was to drop setting the primary
group in setegid() as per our discussion.

However, I've just checked in a change which should create a useful
DACL for the primary token created by DuplicateTokenEx() in the
create_token() function.  It uses the function `sec_user()' which I
once introduced to set security attributes for CreateProcess calls,
etc.  Could you test if it now behaves as you'd expect?

TIA,
Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer                                mailto:[email-masked]
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/