Subject: Re: Perl DB_FIle 1.802 cygwin install errors
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:10:18 +0100

Am 20 Jan 2002 um 22:47 hat Jari Aalto+mail.linux geschrieben:

>How could I help you to get the package compiled under 
>www.cygwin.com / W2k Pro. This linux-like environment. Would you
>need some header file information?
>
>Jari

I don't understand this question.

>cpan> install DB_File
>Running install for module DB_File
>Running make for P/PM/PMQS/DB_File-1.802.tar.gz
[...]
>Note (probably harmless): No library found for -ldb

Oops, in this case it is NOT harmless!  DB_File needs Berkeley DB
which includes libdb.a 
Fetch DB at www.sleepycat.com, follow the instructions in the 
docs and build a local copy.  I have it installed here and I 
could send you a precompiled copy: if you want to, I could 
provide a copy, please mail me private to 
<gerrit at familiehaase.de>.

Gerrit-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/