Subject: Reasonable security for remote non-administrative accounts
From: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
To: Marcus Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 22:25:48 +0000

On Sunday 20 Jan 02, Marcus Schwartz writes:
> I'm trying to set up sshd so I can offer non-root accounts to people who
> I don't want to have full access to my computer.

It was my understanding that you should not expect Cygwin to be secure
enough for this, depending on how careful you need to be.  There is a
FAQ entry "How secure is Cygwin in a multi-user environment?" and the
answer is not secure.  It's an old FAQ entry, but I assume it still
applies.

Regards,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/