Subject: Re: touch caused BSOD!
From: "Philip Aston" <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:29:00 GMT

Charles Wilson writes:
 > Go to "My Computer"->Properties->"Advanced Tab"->"Startup and Recovery"
 > 
 > Then, in the "Write debugging information" chooser, pick "Small Memory
 > Dump (64k)".  Make a note of the filenmae to which the memory dump will 
 > be saved.  Then Exit.
 > 
 > Now, make your system BSOD again.  Then, you'll have a debuggable dump 
 > of kernel memory.  At that point, somebody on this list should be able 
 > to identify what module in memory caused the BSOD -- but you probably 
 > don't want to post the dump to the list for size & privacy reasons.  So, 
 > once you have the dump, ask again for help in unraveling it.  (You need 
 > MSVC with kernel symbols installed; I don't have that so I can't help 
 > you-- but hopefully someone can).

Thanks Chuck,

I have several of these dumps - anyone care to volunteer to analyze
one or two?

Thanks,

- Phil

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/