Subject: Re: Windows XP, inetd, and procmail, fetchmail, and mutt
From: Adrian Phillips <[email-masked]>
To: Kent Perrier <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Jan 2002 10:56:19 +0100

>>>>> "Kent" == Kent Perrier <[email-masked]> writes:

    Kent> On 1/18/2002 5:56 PM, Kent Perrier wrote:
    >> To the best of my ability, I have.  It looks to me that the MUA
    >> has to call ssmtp to send an email.  It cannot run as a daemon,
    >> on port 25, to accept connections from MUAs.  The man page says
    >> the -bd option is unsupported and my experience from running it
    >> on the command line is it does not work.  It gives the error
    >> you cut out of my previous email.  If it doesn't work please
    >> tell me.  If it does, please point me to a post to the mailing
    >> list that describes how to make it work.  The experience that I
    >> have had with ssmtp (from reading the man page) is not
    >> positive.  Kent

    Kent> Ok, so it appears that ssmtp will not run in daemon mode.
    Kent> Besides the NT apps blat or IIS, is there an smtp server
    Kent> that runs under cygwin?

Check the archives - exim has been "ported",

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

-- 
Your mouse has moved.
Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take effect.
Reboot now?  [OK]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/