Subject: Re: "RTFM'ing": readily accessible user documentation?
From: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
To: "Charles Wilson" <[email-masked]>, "Joshua Franklin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:44:41 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Wilson" <[email-masked]>
> Should setup.exe *refuse* to install a file called "/usr/info/dir" --
> just to keep us safe?  Or is that setting a bad precedent?  [Or maybe
> upset can "lint" the packages on sourceware, and refuse to add
> foo-1.2.tar.gz to setup.ini if it contains a proscribed file like
> /usr/info/dir]

On my personal TODO list is a command line unix package linter.
Setup.exe may some mechanism to manage state data - /etc/foo.cfg,
/usr/info/dir etc, but I think a simpl solution to catch 99% of cases is
the package linter. And yes, it should refuse to add the package, and
email the maintainer (IMO).

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/