Subject: Re: gdb crashes my machine
From: "Timothy J. Wood" <[email-masked]>
To: Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:44:03 -0800

On Sunday, January 13, 2002, at 11:34  AM, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> If you're debugging a program written in a native language such as C or 
> C++ (as opposed to a interpreted, protected language such as Java), 
> then an "OS" without a strong memory protection model is hardly an 
> advisable environment in which to do so. Your life will be full of pain 
> if you try to develop non-trivial C/C++ code on a non-protected OS 
> platform.

   Yeah, agreed.  In actuality, I'm working on a cross platform library 
and right now I'm just working on the Win32 support.  The vast majority 
of my work is done on Mac OS X.  In fact, the app that I'm debugging is 
built on Mac OS X via a MinGW cross compiler.  I really am trying to 
avoid Win32 as much as possible.

   That said, Cygwin and MinGW make this process extremely easy compared 
to how bad it could be :)

-tim

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/