Subject: Re: CVS 1.11: (reposted many times!) Will anybody answer me about "cvs co -r" bug under cygwin, finally???
From: Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]>
To: "Alexei Lioubimov" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:51:23 -0800

Alexei,

Beyond the uncalled-for shouting and the demanding tone, there's a paucity 
of information in your cry for help.

Please give is more details about your configuration: Cygcheck, the 
contents of any ".cvsrc" files. Likewise, please say more about what 
specifically you're attempting. Show us your CVSROOT (since you don't show 
a "-d" option). As it is, we don't know if you're using a remove (pserver) 
or local (file system) repository. The output of "type -a cvs" wouldn't 
hurt, since experience shows that people can have multiple installations of 
certain tools, and you could be invoking a non-Cygwin version of the "cvs" 
command.

Etc...

Details! We need more details!

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

At 11:28 2002-01-10, Alexei Lioubimov wrote:
>So,
>Is it very difficult to give just a short answer? Help, please! -- I'm 
>trying to get the solution and sent this questions to cygwin list and to 
>cvs list already twice -- but the result is poor -- i got no concrete answer!
>
>But,
>I CAN NOT USE ONE OF THE MAIN DEVELOPMENT TOOLS -- CVS,
>because "cvs co -r <tag>" is not working under Cygwin!!!
>
>I tried a  "cvs co -r mytag myproj" and receive the following:
>
>cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot open directory .../CVS/mypoj/Attic: Not a
>directory
>
>Is it impossible to checkout a tag or revision if module doesn't
>contain Attics?
>
>Regards,
>Alexei Lioubimov
>[email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/