Subject: Re: ksh on cygwin
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:20:18 -0500

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:25:53AM +0100, Karsten Fleischer wrote:
>> Sorry.  That's not how it works.
>>
>> If you have patches to provide, check out the cygwin web page.  Click on
>> the "Contributing" link.
>
>I know about that.

Ok.  Then that's the way to go.  Just follow the procedures in
http://cygwin.com/contrib.html .  If your fix is big you'll need to fill
out an assignment form as that web page mentions.

>So can we get down to discuss my fixes now?

If you want to start a discussion, then... start it.  You don't need
permission to begin.

It would be nice if, before you start making observations or suggesting
fixes, you checked the mailing list archives to see if you are covering
old ground or not.

Also be advised that we can't break backwards compatibility in the DLL.

If you provide patches, small well-defined ones are the best.  Long patches
which do many different things are less likely to be inspected or accepted.

And, if you are really going to be engaged in a discussion you probably should
subscribe to the cygwin mailing list.  I don't think we're going to be able
to remember to include your two email addresses in every response to you.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/