Subject: Re: [avail for test] ncurses-5.2-8 and libncurses6-5.2-8
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:33:49 -0500

Chuck,

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 01:57:50AM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Request:
>   Can somebody verify that they can now build packages without 
> -DBROKEN_LINKER when previously that switch was required?

I can successfully rebuild Python 2.2 without -DBROKEN_LINKER --
specifically, the _curses module now links without any errors.

>   If you maintain a package that depends on libncurses6, ensure that 
> your *CURRENT* version still works when cygncurses6.dll has been 
> upgraded -- without recompiling your client package.

I "tested" Cygwin Python 2.2-1 which was built against the previous
ncurses version and did not uncover any problems.  By, "tested" I mean
imported the _curses module into the Python interpreter.  I have never
personally used this module, so I don't have the knowledge to easily
test it further.

Thanks for fixing the BROKEN_LINKER issue.

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/