Subject: Re: libstdc++ troubles
From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
To: Jean le Roux <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 10:12:40 +0000

Around about 01/07/02 16:56, Jean le Roux scribbled ...

> ... I also got a tarball
> of libstdc++-v3 from ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/snapshots/
> and copied that to /usr/include/g++-3/

   That's not going to work, if that's all you did!

   The V3 STL headers are *just* the headers for the STL 
library; you not only need to compile up the STL library itself, 
but, unless you want to play silly wotsits with environment 
variables & gcc spec files, you need to compile up a gcc (g++) 
that uses it.

   Try compiling the latest gcc3; that should give you about 
everything you want (comes with latest STL).  To be safe, 
configure it's --prefix to be /usr/loca/gcc3 or similar so you 
keep the Cygwin gcc 2 safe.

-- 
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature
ls: .signature: No such file or directory
[neil@fnx ~]# exit

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/