Subject: Re: progamming with Cygwin GNU Readline Library
From: Hiroo Hayashi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 23:32:23 -0500 (CDT)

Charles,

Charles> Thanks for the test case. I'll look into it -- but I suspect
Charles> it has already been fixed in the official GNU sources (4.2a).
Charles> The next cygwin release will be based on that.  When you
Charles> tested bug.c on linux, what version of readline were you
Charles> using?

I test both 4.2 and 4.2a on Linux and had same result.  For sanity
checking I add one line into bug.c.  The first line of output are
"4.2" and "4.2a".

------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include <stdio.h>
#include <readline/readline.h>
main(){
	int	row, col;

	rl_initialize();

	puts(rl_library_version);

	rl_get_screen_size(&row, &col);
	printf("row=%d, col=%d\n", row, col);

	rl_set_screen_size(10, 20);
	rl_get_screen_size(&row, &col);
	printf("row=%d, col=%d\n", row, col);
}
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have have the source code of Cygwin Readline Library.  I took
a look on the official GNU sources.  rl_set_screen_size and
rl_get_screen_size call some Termcap library function.  Termcap
library may have problem...

I'm using termcap-20010825-1.

If you need any more information, feel free to ask me.

Best,

Hiroo Hayashi

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/