Subject: Problem using cygwin compiled DLL's in other Windows apps
From: Logan Bowers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 17:08:57 -0500

Hello,

I'm having a nasty problem that's got me posivively stumped.  I've
written a Winamp plugin (a DLL) using Cygwin.  Winamp properly loads the
DLL (at runtime), but whenever my DLL attempts to make a system call
(such as open()), Winamp crashes.  I have no idea how to trace this kind
of problem down.  Does anyone know what might be causing this or have
general advice on writing DLLs using cygwin that need to be loadable
into regular Windows apps?  I wrote a simple test program that uses
dlopen() to load the dll (and ran it from within the cygwin environment)
and it works without hitch.  If necessary, I can put the build script
and code online.  

Also, one other minor thing, I need to export a single function:
winampGetOutModule.  gcc, however, likes to mangle that into
winampGetOutModule__Fv.  The only way I could get it to export under the
proper name was to first compile to assembly and then use perl to get
rid of the __Fv.  Is there an easier way to do this?  Thanks.  

Logan Bowers

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/