Subject: Re: Heimdal 0.4e and Cygwin
From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
To: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:34:42 -0500

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 01:05:58PM -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> At 10:45 AM 1/8/2002, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> >OpenSSH earlier. Thanks. This fixes it all, though it's still
> >interesting that 'ls /usr/local' doesn't show 'bin' yet 'ls
> >/usr/local/bin' does show things in there.
> 
> Well, looks like you'll need to track this down yourself if you're
> truly interested.  I'm going to wager that you created a mount to the
> 'bin' directory in '/usr/local' but didn't create a 'bin' directory 
> first.  Of course, that's only a guess.  Still this is one thing that
> would explain the behavior you see.

I'm chalking it up to having installed Network Simplicity's OpenSSH a
long time ago and then later installing Cygwin. Network Simplicity's
OpenSSH includes a partial Cygwin install.

End of thread :)

> Larry Hall                              [email-masked]

Cheers,

Nico
--
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-
-to a public e-mail mailing list I hereby grant permission to distribute-
-and copy this message.-

Visit our website at http://www.ubswarburg.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only 
for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you 
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please 
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this 
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free 
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, 
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore 
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents 
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If 
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This 
message is provided for informational purposes and should not be 
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or 
related financial instruments.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/