Subject: Re: Heimdal 0.4e and Cygwin
From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
To: John Peacock <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <[email-masked]>, Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:45:31 -0500

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 10:22:35AM -0500, John Peacock wrote:
> Nicolas Williams wrote:
> > 
> > 
> > And I can't remove /usr/local/bin/cygwin1.dll.
> > 
> 
> Exit cygwin completely (including any Cygwin-based services you are running) 
> and then delete cygwin1.dll from Windows.  You may need to disable services and
> reboot to make sure the dll is not in use.

Ah, now I know what happened. I'd installed Network Simplicity's
OpenSSH earlier. Thanks. This fixes it all, though it's still
interesting that 'ls /usr/local' doesn't show 'bin' yet 'ls
/usr/local/bin' does show things in there.

Anyways, thanks.

> HTH
> 
> John
> 
> -- 
> John Peacock
> Director of Information Research and Technology
> Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group
> 4720 Boston Way
> Lanham, MD 20706
> 301-459-3366 x.5010
> fax 301-429-5747

Nico
--
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-
-to a public e-mail mailing list I hereby grant permission to distribute-
-and copy this message.-

Visit our website at http://www.ubswarburg.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only 
for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you 
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please 
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this 
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free 
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, 
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore 
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents 
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If 
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This 
message is provided for informational purposes and should not be 
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or 
related financial instruments.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/