Subject: Re: Heimdal 0.4e and Cygwin
From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
To: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:32:31 -0500

A dialog comes up saying: "The procedure entry point ___progname could
not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll". This happens if
the binary is in /usr/local/bin.

Same binary in /usr/bin or /usr/heimdal/bin works just fine.

I'v configured/made/installed with --prefix=/usr/local and /usr/heimdal,
but otherwise the same way.

/usr/local doesn't work. Go figure.

Cheers,

Nico

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 01:43:22PM +0100, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> Nicolas Williams wrote:
> 
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-otp ; make
> > 
> > Works, well, almost works.
> 
> 
> [ snip ]
> 
> >  - The same klist.exe binary in /tmp/heimdal-0.4e/kuser/klist.exe works,
> >    but, the *same* binary, located in /usr/local/bin/. Then again, if I
> >    copy klist.exe to /usr/bin/ it works.
> > 
> 
> What do you mean - it doesn't work ? Does it print something ?
--
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-
-to a public e-mail mailing list I hereby grant permission to distribute-
-and copy this message.-

Visit our website at http://www.ubswarburg.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only 
for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you 
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please 
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this 
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free 
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, 
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore 
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents 
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If 
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This 
message is provided for informational purposes and should not be 
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or 
related financial instruments.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/