Subject: Re: bash/cmd CTRL-C problem...
From: "Gregory W. Bond" <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 12:30:33 -0500

(I just returned from vacation so excuse me for responding to an old
message but I really feel compelled to respond to this one...)

Christopher,

This reply puzzles me. What is the point of cygwin if not to support
interoperability between win32 and unix environments? If all I wanted
was an all-unix environment on a 386 box, I'd run linux not cygwin. To
me, the great advantage of cygwin over linux is that I can (mostly) mix
and match Unix and Win32 apps (win32 Java under cygwin bash being the
notable exception :-)

Greg.

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Here's the harsh reality: it is extremely unlikely that anyone is going
> to investigate this.  If you are using non-cygwin apps with bash and
> CTRL-C doesn't work then you are on your own.
>
> I will enthusiastically inspect and evaluate any fixes that you provide
> to cygwin to rectify this situation.  The fixes must not break current
> CTRL-C behavior with cygwin apps.
>
> You are one of a handful of people reporting similar problems.  Everyone
> seems to be trying to do basically the same thing.  They're building
> non-cygwin java apps and complaining that CTRL-C doesn't work right.
>
> However, since we are all *cygwin* developers it is not likely that
> we'll want to go to the effort of loading non-cygwin, java software on
> our system to track your problem down for you.  I could be wrong.  Maybe
> someone is actively working on this.  If so, I hope that person steps
> forward and offers some insight into how they are progressing and what
> their proposed fix might be.
>
> cgf
>
--
Gregory W. Bond
AT&T Labs - Research
180 Park Avenue, Rm. D273, Bldg. 103
P.O. Box 971, Florham Park, NJ, 07932-0971, USA
tel: (973) 360 7216 fax: (973) 360 8187

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/