Subject: cron
From: "Facey Brian" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 05:29:57 -0500

Dear Cygwin:

I set up cron per your suggestion with:

$ cygrunsrv -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D -e
"TZ=EST+5EDT,M4.1.0/M10.5.0" \-e
"CYGWIN=ntsec tty"

I still can not get cron to work after starting the service and
crontabbing my crontab file. 

Does the Windows Scheduling service need to be stopped?  
Are my permissions (Administrator(u) None (g)) wrong on my crontab file
(user is Administrator)? 
Do I need System permission to be successful? 
If you also have an /etc/crontab and /etc/cron.d/crontab file, are there
problems? 
Does cron look first to the user's crontab, then /etc/crontab and
/etc/cron.d crontab?

Please advise.  It is critical that I get crontab to work.  I must
perform a wget daily.

Brian Facey

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/