Subject: Re: Newbie ssh question
From: Adrian Phillips <[email-masked]>
To: "James Hall" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Jan 2002 11:15:46 +0100

>>>>> "James" == James Hall <[email-masked]> writes:

    James> I've recently installed Cygwin and XFree86 on my W2K
    James> machine, and am highly pleased with it.

    James> Main use is to run stuff on my machine at work, and saves
    James> constantly re-booting between Windows and Linux on my home
    James> machine.

    James> I consequently make much use of ssh and X forwarding. All
    James> works excellently, but for one problem. Any remote Xterm,
    James> unless used pretty constantly, falls over with the message

    James> 	"Read from remote host x.x.x.x: Connection reset by peer
    James> Connection to x.x.x.x closed."

Do you have a firewall in between. Firewalls throw away connections
when there unused for a while,

Try turning on KeepALive (or whatever the option is called now),

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

-- 
Your mouse has moved.
Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take effect.
Reboot now?  [OK]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/