Subject: Re: rebase for setup (curl)
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Norman Vine <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Cygwin'" <[email-masked]>, "'Roth, Kevin P.'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:19:48 -0500

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 02:02:01PM -0500, Norman Vine wrote:
> Jason Tishler writes:
> >Does anyone have any bright ideas?
> 
> What happens if you link with --enable-auto-image-base   ??

I was unable to get dllwrap to use --enable-auto-image-base, but I was
able to build pq.dll using the normal "gcc -shared" way.  I ran the full
PostgreSQL regression test using this pq.dll without any errors.

But, the above is not the point.  The point is it will be difficult to
get the upstream maintainers to change their build procedures just for
Cygwin.  So, how should Cygwin's rebase solution handle these odd-balls?
Skip them, rebase around them (if possible), what?

BTW, guess what value dllwrap used for --image-base?  The same one used
by --enable-auto-image-base!

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/