Subject: Re: rebase addon - Bas and Size listing of dll's without rebasing
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:22:52 -0500

Rob,

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 08:42:32AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> Jason, heres a thought: what if MS's rebase is trashing the non-standard
> auto-export address offset information...

I don't think so -- at least for the following example:

    $ gcc -shared -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base build/temp.cygwin-1.3.6-i686-2.2/_cursesmodule.o -L/usr/local/lib -L.  -lncurses -lpython2.2 -o build/lib.cygwin-1.3.6-i686-2.2/_curses.dll
    Warning: resolving _stdscr by linking to __imp__stdscr (auto-import)
    Warning: resolving _LINES by linking to __imp__LINES (auto-import)
    Warning: resolving _COLS by linking to __imp__COLS (auto-import)
    Warning: resolving _newscr by linking to __imp__newscr (auto-import)
    Warning: resolving _COLORS by linking to __imp__COLORS (auto-import)
    Warning: resolving _COLOR_PAIRS by linking to __imp__COLOR_PAIRS (auto-import)
    $ cd build/lib.cygwin-1.3.6-i686-2.2
    $ objdump -p _curses.dll | fgrep ImageBase
    ImageBase               6ba40000
    $ rebase -d -b 0x68000000 -o 0x10000 _curses.dll
    _curses.dll: new base = 67fc0000, new size = 40000
    $ objdump -p _curses.dll | fgrep ImageBase                                   
    ImageBase               67fc0000

So, it appears that cygcurl-2.dll is not tolerating a rebase for other
reasons.

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/