Subject: Setting cygwin for the first time (newbie) question with CYGWIN=n tsec
From: Tim Michals <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:30:53 -0600

All,

Installed cygwin from the net today, and set in the include file
CYGWIN=ntsec, ran mkpasswd -l -g > passwd and mkgroup -l > group in the /etc
directory.

The issue, still cannot create directories.  for example in
/home/Administrator perform the following commands:

Administrator@T~
$ mkdir eCOS
mkdir: cannot create directory `eCOS': Permission denied

Administrator@T ~
$ ls -lag
total 1
drwsrwsrwt    2 1125     None            0 Jan  3 14:16 .
drwx------    3 1125     None            0 Jan  3 14:09 ..
-rwx------    1 1125     None          272 Jan  3 14:19 .bash_history

and when using vi get this message 

E303: Unable to open swap file for "group", recovery impossible
"group" 12 lines, 428 characters
Hit ENTER or type command to continue

What is wrong?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/