Subject: Re: MIT Kfw SDK w/ Cygwin? Trying to build OpenSSH w/ GSS-API on Cygwin...
From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
To: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:56:27 EST

> > > But the dependency on MSVCRT.DLL by the MIT Kfw DLLs is indirect.
> > 
> > What do you mean by "indirect"?  The KFW DLLs are linked to MSVCRT.DLL.
>
> That the resulting OpenSSH Makefile does not reference it...

That is irrelevant to the problem.  The problem is that the two C Run
Time environments trip over each other since they both attempt to hook
the same OS routines.

You will also have a problem if memory allocated in one is free'd
realloc'd by the other.

> > SSH support including GSSAPI and linkage to MIT Kerberos is now in my
> > K95 test builds.
> 
> Did you build Kfw with Cygwin?

I do not use Cygwin.  I compile with MSVC.

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      C-Kermit 8.0 available now!!!
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   includes Telnet, FTP and HTTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             secured with Kerberos, SRP, and 
 [email-masked]                OpenSSL. Interfaces with OpenSSH

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/