Subject: Re: BunZip and an extra question
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:22:13 -0500

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 04:40:48PM +0000, Mark Himsley wrote:
>On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:14:27 -0600  you wrote:
>
>>------_=_NextPart_000_01C19471.B74767D0
>>Content-Type: image/gif;
>>	name="image001.gif"
>>Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
>>Content-Disposition: attachment;
>>	filename="image001.gif"
>
>I think we'd all be grateful if you could stop sending HTML/GIF files to the
>recipients on this list!
>
>>Hmm trying to follow the install procedure for Xfree86 and bunzip isn't
>>happening.  Is this a separate compression app I need to install?  Also
>>is cygwin blending in with my local windows environment, I right
>>clicked in the cygwin box and got a lot of registry info and other
>>stuff as a response to the mouse click.
>
>Maybe more information from you would elicit a reply.  I'm sure that
>you understand that "isn't happening" and "got a lot of registry info
>and other stuff" does not give the list members much to go on and
>therefore I expect your request for help will go un-heeded.

Even more important -- use the correct mailing list.

Personally, I'm amazed at the amount of trouble that the simple act of
un-bzip2ing a tar archive generates for the cygwin-xfree project but
they're somewhat used to dealing with these questions.

So, send email to the cygwin-xfree mailing list and they'll probably
help you.

Can I again suggest that people redirect X-related questions to this
mailing list?

I've Cc'd this message there and reset the reply-to so that replies should
go there as well.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/