Subject: Re: Potential problems with Cygwin GCC and -mno-cygwin switch
From: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
To: "Jon Leichter" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:56:48 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Leichter" <[email-masked]>
> > However , once gcc's specs are changedm linking with the libraries
they
> > provide will fail - which is what I was talking about.
>
> Hmm... I'm not sure why this would be the case. I have relocated my
> libraries, and I have updated my specs file. Things work just fine for
me
> (or it seems). I wonder if you could elaborate your assertion with an
> example. (I don't want to upset Chris Faylor - is this something we
should
> discuss off the mailing list?)

It's an onlist topic.
Because the two things have to happen concurrently. Cygwin has over a
100 packages, of which maybe 40 provide libraries that would need to be
relocated. The mechanism for relocation is quite simple: every package
maintainer repackages their package with the libraries in the new
location.

> The relocation that I have done merely serves as an interim solution
for me.

Exactly.

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/