Subject: Re: Potential problems with Cygwin GCC and -mno-cygwin switch
From: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
To: "Jon Leichter" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:34:57 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Leichter" <[email-masked]>
> I was not talking about pre-packaged Cygwin binaries. And I still
claim that
> even after you install Cygwin packages, they will operate if you
relocate
> the libraries in /usr/lib. This is because the Cygwin binaries depend
on
> DLLs accessible via the PATH, which are NOT relocated from /usr/bin.

However , once gcc's specs are changedm linking with the libraries they
provide will fail - which is what I was talking about. (Until every
package gets repackaged, at a significant time cost to the package
maintainers).

And as this would be (at best) an interim fix until gcc is corrected, I
for one do not support implementing this - the time cost would get gcc
fixed many times over.

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/