Subject: RE: Bison 1.30
From: "Stephano Mariani" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Fractal A.'" <[email-masked]>, "'Randall R Schulz'" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:51:32 -0000

You need to define your own yyerror function. Bison uses it the report
an error.
It has the following prototype: void yyerror(char*s)
As for the rest, include <stdlib.h> and/or <stdio.h>, and perhaps some
others depending on the actions you used in your rules.
I have used bison 1.28, a LOT, and found no real problems other than
suboptimal code in some cases.

Stphano Mariani

PS: You can try bison-1.30-1 now, and see for yourself bison is not at
fault.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Fractal A.
Sent: Wednesday, 26 December 2001 4:31
To: Randall R Schulz; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Bison 1.30

Hi,

Because the compiler (bison 1.28) appears to be working incorrectly, I
believe that a newer version of bison might solve the problem.  I don't
know why the "implicit declaration" error is occurring.  I don't know
what to do to solve it.  The arithmetic.lex and arithmetic.y files were
compiling properly before. 
When the other files started outputting the "implicit declaration"
error, it seems that everything stopped working correctly.  The error is
of the type "implicit declaration" of several different yy functions.
If you think of something to help, please let me know.  Thanks.

Examples of the error:  
Errors of this nature cause me to believe that the compiler is failing.

C:\cygwin2\c15>g++ -Wall -c -gstabs ch1-05.y.tab.c
/usr/share/bison.simple: In function `int yyparse()':
/usr/share/bison.simple:358: implicit declaration of function `int
yyerror(...)'

C:\cygwin2\ega>g++ -Wall -c -gstabs arithmetic.y.tab.c
/usr/share/bison.simple: In function `int yyparse()':
/usr/share/bison.simple:361: implicit declaration of function `int
free(...)'

=====
Fractal A.                    [email-masked]

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send your FREE holiday greetings online! http://greetings.yahoo.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/