Subject: uptime.c
From: "Facey Brian" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 21:16:29 -0500

Dear Developers,

I am using cygwin 1.3.6-6 on Windows NT 4 Server.  I need to know if
uptime.c found in the Shell Utilties 2.0-2 dir will work on this
platform when compiled.  From the sh-utils-2.0-2 dir, I ran configure
and then make check.  Attached are two files which correspond to the
beginning and the ending of the make check. I did not have a clean make
check.

My concern is that the make check tries to call with options for
-DHAVE_LIBPNG and -DHAVE_LIBJPEG which correspond to a previous make for
a different package.  Is there a temporary file for gcc that needs to be
deleted.  If so, where can I find it.

My second concern is trying to understand why I have to install the
entire shell utils package when all I want to do is to compile
uptime.c.  Is there a way to just compile uptime.c by itself?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Brian Facey

$ make check
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.. -I. -I../lib -I
../intl    -g -O2 -c basename.c
make: *** No rule to make target `../lib/libsu.a', needed by `basename'.  Stop.

gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.. -I. -I../lib -I
../intl    -g -O2 -c su.c
gcc  -g -O2   -o su  su.o ../intl/libintl.a ../lib/libsu.a
su.o: In function `correct_password':
/cygdrive/d/cygwin/usr/src/sh-utils-2.0-2/src/su.c:296: undefined reference to `
crypt'
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/