Subject: Re: How do I use a socks server with cygwin?
From: Andrew Markebo <[email-masked]>
To: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
Cc: Niklas Morberg <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: 20 Dec 2001 16:25:18 +0100

Just a quick thought about firewalls and ssh'ing through them.. 

We had a firewall that allowed https-connections, and well, you can
use this to connect to a ssh-server, by telling ssh to use a wrapper
script to fire up the connection, get in touch with me and I can dig
it up.. 

Meanwhile, using a socks server, well basically it should be up to the
application, not cygwin to handle this, so if you find a cvs
supporting socks off you go.. :-)

        /Andy

-- 
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/