Subject: why doesn't setup.exe install everything?
From: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
To: dean gaudet <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:54:26 +0000

On Tuesday 18 Dec 01, dean gaudet writes:
> in the past it was trivial to do a full install.  now it appears to be a
> royal pain in the ass -- i have to click every package and guess what
> version i should be installing (the UI doesn't really make it obvious what
> versions i should be installing).

Click the upper right button to get the "full" view and you don't have
to muck around with the categories.  Then simply scroll down and click
all "skip" icons twice to install the current version (the version
will be displayed).  Indeed, a PITA, but only a lot of clicking the
first time you run setup.  Thereafter, in full view, you just have to
look for "skips" from new packages.  The ones that are currently
installed will be updated by default from now on.

> could someone please update the FAQ?  and/or fix setup.exe?

I'll do the former, but the latter is already underway.  If the latter
doesn't happen fast enough for your taste, you could help.

Regards,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/