Subject: Random 'Signal 11' during configure/make [of gcc]
From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:27:00 +0000

I have need to prove that I can compile up a gcc 2.95.3 with 
the latest libstdc++ (to get the proper C++ STL).

   I've set up cygwin as best as seems necessary, and fetched 
the latest gcc & libstdc++ source (gcc from the cygwin src dist.).

   However, whenever I do a 'configure' in a clean directory, I 
get random 'Signal 11' (seg. viol.?) messages come up, mostly in 
the checking phase, but occasionally also in the 
Makefile-generation phase at the end.

   They don't appear to happen in the same place each time.

   Typically, though, a 'strace -f' gave me a 246Mb output with 
/no/ 'signal 11's at all :-/

   After that seeming success, I'm doing a make, but I can see 
the signals happening there occasionally again, so I don't hold 
out much hope of a working build.

   Any ideas?

   FWIW, this is on NT; I installed Cygwin onto a network drive, 
but then put it onto my C: drive in case that was the problem; 
I'm currently running with '/' mounted off the network 
(primarily for the /etc changes I made initially), but pretty 
well everything else from the local install.

   I don't think my attempted insertion of the 2.95.3-compat. 
new libstdc++ has any bearing on the problem.

-- 
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature
ls: .signature: No such file or directory
[neil@fnx ~]# exit

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/