Subject: Re: Xemacs/cygwin 21.4.3 and new console window during compilation
From: Dmitry Bely <[email-masked]>
To: Andy Piper <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: 18 Dec 2001 11:11:10 +0300

Andy Piper <[email-masked]> writes:

> So my supposition is that a console window is created because XEmacs
> doesn't have one by default when started from the desktop.

Why then MSVC-compiled XEmacs does not popup new console in the same
situation? It also seems not to have one by default ...

> The reason
> it works in bash is that children inherit their parent's console by
> default and somewhere up the foodchain cygwin has a console. I have no
> idea how we could fix this. I imagine that if we do AllocConsole in
> the cygwin version of XEmacs that whilst this may stop your program
> creating a console we will get an ugly console popping up for XEmacs
> as a whole. Maybe this is acceptable, I don't know. I'm CC'ing ben and
> the cygwin list to see if any windows gurus have any great ideas on
> this score.
> 
> 
> andy

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/