Subject: cygwin-xemacs sometimes hangs in compile with latest cygwin
From: "Michael Lipp" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:33:19 +0100

Hello,

having used cygwin from May until yesterday very successfully, I thought 
it might be time to do an update. Bad idea. With the version I 
downloaded yesterday, I experience the following problem:

One time out of about five, when I start a compilation in cygwin-xemacs 
(M-x compile) the subprocess is started, but not output from the 
subprocess appears in the compilation buffer (the subprocess is a shell 
script (ant) that starts a dos executable (java)). The subprocess runs, 
though very slowly because xemacs uses nearly 100% of the CPU time 
(polling for results?).

This behaviour appeared when I upgraded cygwin yesterday. Updating 
cygwin-xemacs from 21.1.4 to 21.1.6-rc3 (today) didn't help.

     Michael

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/