Subject: Re: experimental texmf packages
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>, "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Dec 2001 17:27:29 +0100

Charles Wilson <[email-masked]> writes:

> You're in bsd-ports "make world" mode, I see.  I don't think that is a 
> goal, yet.  *OUR* concern is "make cygwin work".

Yes, I guess our priorities don't match.  I've been in "make world"
mode since the b20 days; I needed to build some core development
packages and package additional (possibly unmaintained) packages.
And, I didn't want to do too much manual work for each update of a
package, maintained or unmaintained.

> > Now for something constructive.  What if I fix my scripts to do the
> > new convention, and we run that over the archive to rebuild everything?
> 
> Be my guest...but remember those "corner cases" I mentioned?  square 
> peg, round hole?

Yes, I guess you're right.  Indeed, that's why I have the
lots-of-scripts package: to make each peg round by hand.  Then hope it
will fit with the next release of a package too.

Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/