Subject: RE: vim doesn't work
From: "Satya Nemana" <[email-masked]>
To: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>, "Mike Oliver" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:32:30 -0500

To fix all vim's cygwin dll problems, reinstall libncurses5 package and
try again.

I am OK with vim now, after I did this as per CYGWIN/FAQ. It is
pretty-straight forward.

But Rob, I don't understand how selecting "Source" fixes this. See your
reply below.

For your quick info, here is a snapshot of this FAQ from cygwin
homepage. 

My application cannot locate cygncurses5.dll!!!
-----------------------------------------------

   If you upgraded recently, and suddenly vim (or some other Cygwin
application) fails with this message, it means that you did not follow
these instructions properly:
`http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2001/msg00124.html'.  To repair
the damage, you must run setup.exe again, and re-install the
`libncurses5' package.

   Note that setup won't show this option by default.  In the "Select
packages to install" dialogue, click on the `Full/Part' button.  This
lists all packages, even those that are already installed.  Scroll down
to locate the `libncurses5' package.  Click on the "cycle" glyph until
it says "Reinstall".  Continue with setup.

Satya Nemana

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Collins [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 5:20 AM
To: Mike Oliver
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: vim doesn't work

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Oliver" <[email-masked]>

> Charles Wilson wrote:
> > Mike Oliver wrote:
> > > Is there a way to tell it "get
> > > the latest stable version of everything of which I don't already
have the
> > > latest stable version"?
> >
> > Sure -- just run setup again.  Now that *something* is installed, it
> > will happily recommend that you update those packages.
>
> Thanks (thanks, Colin, too).  I did that and it works now.
>
> However, to save download time, I didn't request source when updating
> the packages, so now my source is out of sync.  Is there a way to make
> it get only the sources that are out of date, without going through
> manually to see which ones those are?

Run setup in download only mode, and select "source" for every package.
It'll only download the missing tarballs.

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/