Subject: Re: experimental texmf packages
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Dec 2001 15:02:17 +0100

"Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nah, what I meant, there is a function in libpng not found because tetex
> was linked against another version and the table layout changed (unfortunately),
> so tetex needs a rebuild with the current libpng.

Yes, I've asked Jerome for a rebuild (after trying myself; I gave up).

> I may missed some important point, be sure to lookup
> http://cygwin.com/setup.html

Thanks.  I know about that page; but I'm not sure about the status of
all individual items; notably the absolute silly reversed-patch
requirement.  I've seen some discussion, but no conclusion or
agreement...

I've tried to stay within the spirit of it, the packages should now be
mostly complient.  (Fwiw, I think it's totally silly to reinvent
package management for the umpteenth time.  Three years ago, I ported
RPM and (cross-)built all my Cygwin (lilypond-support) packages as
RPMS.  RPM didn't catch on, and I built a set of cross-build scripts
from the .spec shell-snippets.  But now discussions on cygwin-apps
mention 'RPM-like' behaviour and layout.  Sigh.)

Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/