Subject: Re: I could not build libtool 1.4c under cygwin - help needed!
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Alexei Lioubimov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 17:20:27 +0100

>       0 [main] sh 296183 fork_copy: user/cygwin data pass 2 failed,
> 0x980000..0xD58000, done 0, windows pid 4294563005, Win32 error 8
>       0 [main] sh 374123 fork_copy: user/cygwin data pass 2 failed,
> 0x980000..0xD59000, done 0, windows pid 4294565321, Win32 error 8
> ./configure: Cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable./configure:
> Cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
> 
> appending configuration tag "RC" to libtool
>       0 [main] sh 372071 fork_copy: user/cygwin data pass 2 failed,
> 0x980000..0xD57000, done 0, windows pid 4294618817, Win32 error 8
> eval: Cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
> checking for ANSI C header files... yes
>       0 [main] sh 432587 fork_copy: user/cygwin data pass 2 failed,
> 0x980000..0xD57000, done 0, windows pid 4294601765, Win32 error 8
> /configure: Cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
> checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... eval: 1: Syntax error: Bad
> substitution
> make[2]: *** [libtool] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/d/home/alexei/src/libtool/libltdl'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/d/home/alexei/src/libtool/libltdl'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

your system could not fork -- for what reason ever -- processes, so
make breaks here.

This shouldn't be this way on a working, clean Cygwin system?!?!

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/