Subject: Re: experimental texmf packages
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: 29 Nov 2001 16:45:13 +0100

"Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]> writes:

> >     texconfig confall
> >     texconfig rehash
> >     texconfig init
> 
> Seems to work ok.

Good.  Has this been tried with an automatic setup install, or did you
run texconfig by hand?  It should work right out of the box.  It would
be good to have tetex-beta depend upon tetex-base, and libncurses5
(for texconfig) imho; while having the other texmf packages should
marked optional.  How do we arrange that?

Also, what are the drills for a cygwin submission?  I'm not running
cygwin myself (I'm allowed to use GNU/Linux at work :-)), but I've
read something about setup hints...

> I'm in favour to include it in the net release. (and if it is no problem
> of my setup, tetex needs a rebuild?)

I tried this, but it seems that a plain rebuild gives some (small)
problems; the binary executables don't get a .exe extension, eg.

Greetings,
Jan.

Btw, how is your guile contribution coming along?

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/