Subject: Re: rxvt + python problem: script output buffered and interactive output missing
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Manoj Plakal <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:45:33 -0500

Manoj,

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 02:58:42AM -0600, Manoj Plakal wrote:
> I'm encountering a strange problem when I run
> Python scripts and the Python interpreter in
> an rxvt window (with tcsh) on the latest Cygwin.
> This is with Win98/BeOpen Python 2.0/Cygwin 1.3.5/rxvt-2.7.2.
> 
> [snip]

I have observed the same (or very similar) behavior with Win32
Python and other Win32 apps in a rxvt window under Windows NT/2000.
My WAG is that these apps are reading/writing directly from/to the
console and are not "well behaved" enough to run properly under rxvt.
However, I have never tried in earnest to debug this problem.

My workaround is the same as yours -- just use bash under
cmd.exe/command.com.

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/