Subject: Re: setup.exe selects old versions for required packages
From: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
To: "Charles Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Polley Christopher W" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:39:05 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Wilson" <[email-masked]>
> Maybe I am having a thinko, but I don't remember any file conflict in
> the gettext package.  ncurses(old)-->ncurses(new)+libncurses* had an
> "inappropriate .dll deletion" problem if you don't do things in the
> right order -- but I don't remember anything like that with gettext.
>
> Help?

ncurses (old) has cygncurses5.dll.
ncurses (new) does not.
libncurses has cygncurses5.dll.

So if you install *both* ncurses (old) and libncurses, you have a file
conflict.

Avoiding that conflict was the goal of your specific order during the
upgrade process.

The inappropriate .dll deletion was a symptom that occured when the
conflict occured.

Setup should be able to handle that, and delay installing the libncurses
package until the upgrade to the new ncurses had been done, and then
retry the libncurses package to see if the conflict went away.

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/