Subject: Re: setup.exe selects old versions for required packages
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Polley Christopher W <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Nov 2001 19:55:01 +1100

Most of this email has laready been addressed.

On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 02:28, Polley Christopher W wrote:
> Has a version requirement (similar to RPM) been considered to alleviate the
> installation problems seen with vim/gettext?

Yes, but we took the one-step at a time approach. Please note that a
version requirement will NOT solve the vim/gettext confusion. That
confusion was caused because setup doesn't check for file conflicts, and
in not checking for them, cannot take appropriate action (in this case,
upgrading the old package first, which would fix the conflict and
prevent the .dll getting inappropriately deleted).

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/