Subject: RE: New Install May Have a Bug
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Heribert Dahms <[email-masked]>
Cc: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>, Mark Jones <[email-masked]>, Stephano Mariani <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: 28 Nov 2001 09:41:15 +1100

On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 09:38, Heribert Dahms wrote:
> what do you think about categories like minimal, typical, (custom), full,
> new,
> with typical as default?

I think there's confusion here: categories are applied to what a package
is or does, not to the particular configuration it may fit into.

What you are talking about is metapackages, which are implemented via
categories, but need a new screen to allow the choice - simply for user
clarity - as setup.exe can handle those packages now.

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/