Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Problems with lispref.info] XEmacs 21.4.6 "Common Lisp (Windows)", i586-pc-win32]
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin Library General Discussion <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:49:45 -0500

The following just showed up on Xemacs-beta.
It doesn't look right: we (cygwin) don't intentionally change 
functionality, do we?
<QUOTE>
-------- Original Message --------
 >>>>> "Nick" == Nick V Pakoulin <[email-masked]> writes:

     Nick> Latest CVS snapshot of Xemacs-21.4 (windows-21-4).  failed
     Nick> to create lispref.info files with makeinfo v.4.0 (from
     Nick> cygwin distribution).

Thanks for the report.

The warning at glyphs.texi:1431 is genuine, and is now fixed in my
workspace.  The others are Cygwin bogosity, I would guess.  Apparently
Cygwin's makeinfo doesn't consider ASCII 13 whitespace in macro
arguments.  Note the funky way all the allegedly erroneous text wraps
to the beginning of the same line.  You could try reformatting those
lines so that line breaks don't occur in a @ref argument and with
extra whitespace padding the ends of the synindes lines.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
NMAKE log:
         cd c:\software\SRC\xemacs-21.4\nt\..\man\lispref
         c:\software\cygwin\bin\makeinfo.exe lispref.texi
' in @synindex.: Unknown index `cp' and/or `fn
' in @synindex.: Unknown index `vr' and/or `fn
' in @synindex.: Unknown index `ky' and/or `fn
' in @synindex.: Unknown index `pg' and/or `fn
' in @synindex.: Unknown index `tp' and/or `fn
./glyphs.texi:1431: warning: `.' or `,' must follow cross reference, not f.
  Extents'.exi:1547: Cross reference to nonexistent node `Mapping Over
  Specifiers'.:62: Cross reference to nonexistent node `Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- 
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences 
http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
University of Tsukuba                    Tennodai 1-1-1 Tsukuba 305-8573 
JAPAN
               Don't ask how you can "do" free software business;
               ask what your business can "do for" free software.

</QUOTE>
-- 
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around 
nice guy.
New PGP key 09/13/2001:
:<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit&\
fingerprint=on>
:<http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit&\
fingerprint=on>
Fingerprint=0x{E7C6_4EE2_6B75_5BA3_C52E__77FA_63C3_9366_DCFB_229B}
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]
Potentially Viral Software is any software for which you are not allowed
to examine the source.  Do not buy or use Potentially Viral Software!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/