Subject: Re: Gcc will not create executable
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Ernst Bekker <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:01:25 -0500

Ernst,

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 02:28:31PM +0200, Ernst Bekker wrote:
> I am attempting to install Postgresql-7.1.3 with gcc-2.95.3-5, 
> When I run ./configure, it dies just after the following output:
> ________________________________________________________________
> $ sh configure --with-java
> [snip]
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
> creat e executables.
> ________________________________________________________________
> 
> Please tell me what I should change. 

Did you forget to install cygipc?

BTW, why don't you just use the pre-built PostgreSQL 7.1.3 that is part
of the Cygwin distribution?  I has been configured as follows:

    configure --enable-multibyte --with-python --with-java --with-CXX --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-$version

So it seems like it will meet your needs.

Please read the README:

    /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.1.3.README

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/