Subject: experimental texmf packages
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 23 Nov 2001 14:24:16 +0100

Hi List,

This week I've taken a quick stab at packaging a texmf tree that goes
with the tetex-beta in contrib, so you'll need that too.

This is needed to replace miktex as part of the GNU LilyPond
(http://www.lilypond.org) installation on Windows, and recently the
tetex-beta packager seemed to mention that he was not planning to
package the texmf tree, which we were so eagerly waiting for (this
pkg should make that job a piece of cake).

It's packaged in three parts, texmf-base, texmf-doc, and texmf-extra.
After selecting installing tetex-beta (from cygwin) and texmf-base,
you should have a functioning TeX setup.

The experimental tarballs are at

    http://lilypond.org/people/jan/gnu-windows/tar/texmf/

if you unpack them by hand, you'll need to run

    /etc/postinstall/texmf-base.sh

after unpacking.  Note that tetex-beta should be installed when you do
this.

There may or may not be a working setup.ini at:

    http://lilypond.org/people/jan/gnu-windows

When this works, it will be submitted to cygwin.

If you're unlucky, read /usr/share/doc/tetex-beta-20000804/INSTALL,
edit /usr/share/texmf/web2c/*cnf, and run

    texconfig confall
    texconfig rehash
    texconfig init

These packages all built on GNU/Linux using mirror, build and
packaging scripts at:

    http://lilypond.org/people/jan/gnu-windows/cygwin-cross-1.3.5.3.tar.gz

Note that this is all quite experimental, and on top of that, I'll be
off-line for about a week, but I didn't want to keep this from you.

Greetings,
Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/