Subject: Beginner Question
From: "JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:19:10 -0300

Another beginner bothering the list but, anyway, here it goes :

         Coming from Windows environment, no fear of command line, as a
matter of fact, I do like it a lot cause I think it is more productive. Love
4DOS/4NT and use them extensively. Also like their scripts (BTMs) and the way
they mimic some features of Unix, such as aliases and that tab feature
(filename completion).

         Well, wanna bring some Unix tools to this environment, such as
awk, while I would learn more about them and still keep under Windows. That
is, learn more about Unix without having to necessary "turn the table". Also,
mixing it all, that is, having those tools within my 4DOS scripts and prompts.

         Guess I'm in the right way with CygWin and thanks cause I found it.

         Finally : a tutorial for one who don't know even know what is awk ?

                                Obrigado/Thanks a lot,

                                Jose Adriano Baltieri
                                Analista de Sistemas/Systems Analyst
                                CPD - CENTRO
                                UNIMEP - Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba
                                PIRACICABA - SP - BRASIL
                                Fone : 055 0 XX 19 3124-1858 (english spoken)
                                Fax  : 055 0 XX 19 3124-1898 (cx postal 42778)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/