Subject: Adding new user 'nobody' - PLEASE help!
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:22:34 -0500

Hi everyone.  I have installed cygwin on NT, and am at the end of my rope trying
to add a new user called nobody!

I have added CYGWIN=ntsec, and have created a user under NT of nobody, in group
Users.  I believe I have to add a line to the /etc/passwd file, but have tried
everything I can think of, and I still get the message  chown: `nobody': invalid
user.  I can, however, chown using one of the existing users in /etc/passwd no
problem.  By the way, how did they get there?!

Would *really* appreciate some help here, as I have gone as far as I can!

Many thanks,

Dave

PS  Please cc me into the reply!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/