Subject: Re: OSTYPE missing
From: Frank-Michael Moser <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:34:44 +0100

My approach is the following:

a) If possible simply export OSTYPE in /etc/profile or
b) export OSTYPE="$(uname | cut -d _ -f 1 | tr [:upper:] [:lower:])"
    where you need it

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------
DECODON GmbH                        phone: +49(0)3834 515231
W.-Rathenau-Str. 49a                  fax: +49(0)3834 515239
17489 Greifswald                    email: [email-masked]
Germany                               web:   www.decodon.com
------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/